Ceres Bakery [International Correspondent]

Bakery: Ceres Bakery
Address: 51 Penhallow St, Portsmouth NH 
Website: http://www.ceresbakery.com/
Style: American 
Price: $$

This past summer, I did a small road trip along the East Coast and went through New Hampshire and Maine, mostly. I wasn't really looking for bakeries; one of the days was a Sunday, so a lot of what I did see was closed. I just saw Ceres Bakery while taking a walk in Portsmouth and decided to go in and get something.

The bakery had classic stuff, a bit rustic; I'd say pretty (New) English. It was a traditional bakery with nothing fancy, no impressive pastries or anything like that. Lots of cookies (maybe it's their specialty?), things like hot cross buns, scones, brownies, etc. I thought it was a little boring; at first, nothing really popped for me, especially since I never think cookies are worth it.
Probably the most interesting thing they had for me was the raspberry rhubarb tart (around $4). I'd call it more of a pie. You get a slice and it has a pie shell bottom with a crunchy crumble. The fruit was really fruit. I don't know if I can say the same for everything else, but this was really good.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment