Lars Nielsen @ Dagli Brugsen [Mimi's World Tour]








Bakery: Lars Nielsen (inside Dagli Brugsen supermarket)
Address: Klintevej 365, Borre
Website: n/a
Style: Danish
Price: $

I'm really not sure what to call this, since Google just gives you the name of the "bagermester" when you search 'bakery'. The bakery is in fact inside Borre's only supermarket or food store, for that matter, the Dagli Brugsen, but I'm assuming that it's independent of the store itself. The reviews on Google are raving about the "perfect" breads, but why on earth do that when there are amazing things in this small little stall next to the cash? Yes, the food store in Borre housed the most delicious spandauer I had in Denmark and could truly be considered worthy of the amazingness of the Danish Pastry House (which really was not beaten otherwise) and it was *good*.

Nonetheless, on a sweltering, sunny day, I decided to bike to Liselund and, hot and tired on the way back, I decided I more than deserved a treat afterwards. So I popped in to the supermarket and, at first, was only wowed at the price: 10kr for a generously sized piece of wienerbrød (as is usually the case, there is the choice of cream or raspberry filling)!?! What on earth! *-* This was by far the cheapest bakery in Denmark I've seen -- it even beats the Canadian price! Looking back at my older posts, I could hardly believe I paid 25kr (25KR!?) for spandauer in Copenhagen and it wasn't even good. Pfff...I could get 2 1/2 here for the same price!

Coming back, however, and biting into this delectable pastry made all thoughts of even the price disappear. At last, I had found a "danish" worthy of its name! This was so fresh, so good, and just everything it should be: crunchy on the outside, layers of soft dough on the inside and -- finally -- the jam filling was perfect!! What a wonderful, buttery baked good! ^.^

Whoa, who would have ever thought the highlight of my Danish Cake Tour would be a stand in the supermarket!? (well, besides the people raving about that rugbrød -- they seem to know something ;D)

Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment