Conditori Signe Bergqvist [Mimi's World Tour] [RIP]

Bakery: Conditori Signe Bergqvist -- Kafferepet
Address: Drottninggatan 17, Helsingborg
Website: http://www.signebergqvist.se/ 
Style: Swedish 
Price: $$

I went to Copenhagen's oldest bakery; I went to Stockholm's oldest conditori and, during my short trip to Helsingborg, I likewise visited the city's oldest pastry headquarters! I covered everything, yes I did. ;)

Kafferepet (easier than writing out Conditori Signe Bergqvist every time ^^;;) was the first place I came across while in Helsingborg. There was another place located in the pedestrian area, but it seemed so expensive for me that I didn't go. Which was extremely stupid of me since I'd come to realize that this is standard, if not well-priced for Stockholm. I hate kronar! -.-

But I love Swedish baking and boy, was I happy to see trays of delectable, rock sugared sweet buns and classics like prinsesstårta and mazariner. Perhaps I wasn't happy about seeing how much they cost, but well, Sweden *was* supposed to be more expensive than Denmark. And it was. x_x However, these guys had well-priced buns at 18kr each and so, I grabbed one (despite the not-so sympathetic service). More specifically, I went for the kardemummaknyt, a cardamom bun folded ("knotted") with bits of cardamom. I've had Swedish cinnamon buns, but this would be my first time trying cardamom buns. I love the distinct taste of cardamom in Finnish baking, so I had to have this!

Sadly, it wasn't as flavourful as I had hoped (I would come to have a really good version and it would have been nice if they used butter), but man! this was still so good! I mean, it's just yeast dough with egg glaze, rock sugar and slivered almonds on top and then crushed cardamom folded into it, but... I love sweet buns. *-* So, I was for the most part perfectly content. I heated it a little in the microwave and mmmm... the flavour of the cardamom came out a little more, the dough got nice and soft again. Delicious!

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment