Complé Konditori [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Complé Konditori 
Address: Kista Galleria, Stockholm 
Website: http://www.complekonditori.com/
Style: Swedish 
Price: $$ 

Knowing that I certainly wouldn't be returning to Kista Galleria (I wouldn't be here in the first place if my budget apartment weren't a few blocks away) the second time in Stockholm (when I had another budget apartment in the completely opposite suburban direction), I took advantage of it in order to make my coverage look even more impressive. :) 

Complé Konditori is without a doubt the only bakery/confectionery in Kista and, according to Google, in the nearby area, not including the few baked goods available at the supermarket. At the same time, I suppose you can't expect anything overly exciting from a mall business and the same applies here. Complé seems more of your light lunch/sandwich with coffee destination than known for its sweets, but I guess that's what konditori implies nowadays. :/ Past shelves of shrimp sandwiches and quiches, there were finally a few baked goods (to be fair, there were quite a bit of cakes), although they were all kind of just piled up in a corner by the cash that it was hard to distinguish them. As is typically Swedish (which just began to irritate me so much -- seriously, Sweden is *expensive*! People deserve to know how much they're paying upfront; if Norway can do it, you can do it too, Sweden! -_____-), there wasn't a price to be seen. 

However, seeing as mall food is always overpriced, 18kr for a cinnamon bun was fairly reasonable. I can't say I paid under 20kr for a lot of things during my trip. :( Fairly standard cinnamon bun, with a bit of cardamom in the dough and then rolled with rock sugar on top. Whether it just didn't fully grow or it was supposed to be like this, it was really flat and the dough was hard, which I just couldn't figure out. Unless it was already stale when I bought it at 11:00? Taste-wise, it was alright, though it might have used a few minutes in the microwave. By the time I ate it, it was brittle like a cookie -- you're not supposed to *crack* your cinnamon bun apart. The picture -- probably due to the generous glazing -- makes it look a lot better than it was. So, pretty good as a cinnamon cookie; not so satisfying as a bun. :/ 

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment