Yamazaki [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Yamazaki (山崎麵包)
Address: No. 86, Section 1, Chongqing South Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei
Style: Chinese
Price: $$  

This is probably the last remaining bakery I had to do in Zhongzheng District and I saved it until the very end, simply because it just screams mega bakery franchise imported from Japan. And sure enough, Yamazaki has about 15 locations throughout Taiwan, but I can't find any definitive information about it actually being from Japan. In that case, it's aiming to look like a mega bakery franchise imported from Japan. Which isn't much better. The wide selection and high customer traffic is in keeping with a more commercial bakery, so I can't say I was expecting much beyond simply getting the bakery done. However, Yamazaki isn't as bad and generic as I anticipated, though at the same time it isn't really Japanese either! ;P
I wasn't planning on it, but the sugar doughnut ($30) did lure me in... as it usually always does. .__.; Hey, not that many bakeries have them, okay! I'll admit this one didn't look like much with its lack of sugar and puffy dough, but it was actually pretty good. Fried a nice golden brown, the dough was moist and soft and didn't have that factory taste you sometimes get with bigger chains. Perhaps it wouldn't be my top choice for baked goods in the area, but it does its job. 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment