布列德麵包 [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: 布列德麵包 (Bu lie de "Bread" Bread) 
Address: No. 5, Section 2, Zhonghua Road, Xinzhuang District, New Taipei
Website: n/a 
Style: Chinese
Price: $$ 

I'm a little annoyed that their location in Wanhua District - which is the one I went to - closed and all that's left is this location next to Xinzhuang Stadium in New Taipei. Not only because I never like having a bakery close down in between me going to it and me reviewing it (I guess it does show that I should review these places in a more timely manner .__.), but because it was better than the other bakery I did on the same street. And come on, how could you not give it bonus points for that logo! 
Disregarding the logo, this bakery is in itself fairly standard and nothing really sets it apart in terms of its selection and quality. One thing I noticed was that they had a wider than normal assortment of cream rolls and, being an absolute sucker for anything cute or silly, I could not resist the cow cream roll! ($40) I was in for a treat because what I presumed would be vanilla/chocolate like the outside dough was actually hazelnut cream on the inside. It gave the cake a rich and complex flavour and I liked how there wasn't too much of it. Cream rolls are never my top choice, but I'm glad I got suckered into this cow cake. 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment