The Green Pig Country Market

Bakery: The Green Pig Country Market Bakery
Address: 2927 Fredericton Rd, Salisbury NB
Website: http://greenpigmarket.com/
Style: Canadian, North American
Price: $-$$ 

And so we begin! I even took (read: wasted) three days to make a fancy banner for my Cake Tour road trips! ^^; I suppose that a few of the other bakery stops (like those in Quebec) also had to be done in more than one day and thus would qualify as part of the GCCT as well, but um... there's nothing overly adventurous about that, I suppose. At any rate, the idea didn't come to me just yet, and so it starts here. ;)

Actually, I was picked up from Halifax, where I was flying from Iceland, so my drivers were the ones that ended up going to this place (although I had my fair share of eating, ha ha ha!). The Green Pig Country Market, located a few minutes off of the Trans-Canada highway in the vicinity of Moncton, is more a farmers market than a bakery, selling local produce (fresh strawberries were also tasty), eggs, maple products, etc. However, they do advertise as being a bakery and are indeed an in-store bakery selling the Canadian classics (muffins, brownies, Chelsea buns among others), freshly baked and packed onto trays of three to six items. I believe all trays, notwithstanding the contents and amount, are priced at $4.29 each.

So I got the homemade cinnamon rolls ($4.29 for a three-bun pack)! These were really good, mainly because they weren't the same cinnamon buns as everywhere else. The dough must have been soda-based and had a denser, unique texture. Not too sweet and not to gooey on the inside, just an absolutely delectable mass of cinnamon, butter, and sugar -- heat it up a little in the microwave to get the dough soft and the cinnamon even softer and it's just the way I like it. *-* I don't know about the rest of their products, but man, these cinnamon rolls! These had to be one of the highlights of this first Maritime tour.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment