Solarism Bakery [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Solarism Bakery (陽光宣言烘焙坊)
Address: No. 47, Kangding Road, Wanhua District, Taipei 
Website: n/a
Style: Chinese
Price: $-$$

 This small bakery is easy to miss if you don't know what you're looking for; after all, unlike many bakeries you'll encounter in the city, it lacks the large selection, bright lighting and rows of baked goods running along the windows. On the contrary, Solarism is more homey and stocks less bread varieties and quantities than its competitors. Coming at noon, I was surprised to find that some trays already were nothing more than leftover crumbs. I'm not sure if they bake more later in the afternoon or if that's that, but regardless, it had less of that commercial feel that I don't like to see so prevalent in Chinese bakeries.
There wasn't much to choose from, especially in terms of sweet. Someone online recommended the cinnamon bread and while it *did* look good, I didn't want to grab such a big item for just myself. Instead, I went with the brown sugar milk cream bun ($35). Appearance-wise, it didn't like anything special. Almost like a hot dog bun cut in half and smeared with something. Looking at the picture, it didn't even give off a sweet vibe, but all you need is taste and this bun had plenty of that. The brown sugar bun was soft and fluffy and the cream was amazing! So fresh, milky and real! I loved those cake crumbs along the end as well. Honestly, this put me in such a mood for delectable milk cream that I tried it from a couple other bakeries, but, not liking the fake, off-putting flavour and consistency I encountered, nothing could beat Solarism in terms of taste and quality.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment