Bakery Mon Pierre [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Bakery Mon Pierre (モンピエール)
Address: 2 Chome-15-9 Inaho, Otaru, Hokkaido
Website: n/a
Style: Japanese
Price:

Seeing as it's been quite a number of months now since my Hokkaido trip finished, I thought I'd just charge through these final bakeries from Otaru. This bakery not appearing as a result unless you really zoom in, I was actually planning on going to the fancier hotel bakery located a few doors down; however, I found them getting ready to close and couldn't spot much of anything inside. Luckily, there was Mon Pierre, who was fairly well stocked for the time of day, but quite busy - as I discovered, it was because all buns were priced to clear at a steal of a deal 90 yen (+ tax...)!
Not finding anything more unique or elaborate, I took the matcha melon pan (regularly 120 yen). Rather, it said matcha melon pan on the label, though I'm not sure if it necessarily looked like one. There was a little more green along the bottom of the bun, but either way, it looked and tasted like it was in need of more matcha - especially when only the crust was green and the bun itself was plain. Not sure if it's necessarily worth paying more for this under normal circumstances or just stick to the normal melon pan?

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment