Galeria Wypieków [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Galeria Wypieków Lubaszka
Address: Nowy Świat 48, Warsaw
Website: http://lubaszka.pl/
Style: Polish
Price: $-$$ 

The "blue bakery", like a lot of the bakeries I ended up trying, turned out to be somewhat of a chain, this time at least in the Warsaw area with 10+ locations. I always feel a little disappointed about that, but maybe it's also a sign that they're good? This 'brand', for example, has been around since 1945, so I think that's a good sign.

They sell what I would call the classics of Polish baking: yeast buns with various fillings, creamy cakes, cheesecakes. I don't remember how much anything cost.
Because I was told to always pick poppy seed baked goods, I picked the poppy seed bun even though I'm not the biggest fan of them (editor's note: unforgivable! scandalous! sacrilegious!). It was fresh, so the dough was soft and good; the poppy seed filling was also very good, especially when it comes to Polish-style. It wasn't the best I've had (it was no Antosha, that's for sure), so I would say this place is good but not amazing.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment