Eldur & Is [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Eldur & Is 
Address:





Eldur & Is is a bit of a joint venture: café, creperie, and ice cream shop. Taking that into account in addition to the fact that I now have the inside scoop on some cafés, I know this Daim cake (800kr) is not made in-store, especially when I once bought one from Ikea. ;) The ice cream isn't theirs and being on the main street, it's probably one of these *shudders* tourist places. (Sorry, bro) It looks a little too good, but well, I suppose it's fair to say it tasted quite good, but that might be because it's from Sweden. Good ingredients, natural taste: nutty and chocolatey with a toffee crunch.

I'd tell anyone to take the crepes if they decide to come here: at the very least, they *do* make those. :/ As mean and nitpicky as it sounds, I don't like the practice of buying cakes from supermarkets and selling them per slice, sorry; there are cafes who can manage to bake their own cakes and should be rewarded for the effort. If you don't know how to bake, hire me. I'll give you a four star rating with my skyr cheesecake and Westfjords blueberry torte. Oh yeah!! :)

Rating: *1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment