JK Bakery [International Correspondent]


Bakery: JK Bakery
Address: 1514 Railway Ave, Canmore AB (+ two locations in Canmore and Banff)
Website: http://jkbakery.ca/ 
Style: European, North American
Price:

JK Bakery, in Canmore (they have two locations and, according to their website, one more in Banff), has a little bit of everything, with cookies, treats, meat pies, and bread; they're also pretty much the only bakery in town, or at least this was my impression (Edit: Why, hello there, me again! ^^;; This was indeed one of the very few bakeries in Canmore, at least following my research; there seems to be one more, some sort of convenience store??, in the neighbourhood and perhaps there was some sort of custom cake place too [at this point I can't remember what's what and Google most certainly doesn't include all businesses, so I could be wrong] -- all I know is that the brother was ordered to go here. He was also ordered to go to the single bakery in Banff,  but he failed there.. -_-)

 I would say they seem to be a mix of Canadian baked goods with some of the more classic European treats like napoleons and danishes. I especially noticed that they had quite a bit of German stuff too, like strudels, etc. I also thought that prices were on the cheaper side, especially comparing it to other bakeries I visited during my trip.

I took the Linzer Torte; it was just of the right consistency and texture and had good proportions in terms of the layers of dough and jam. Overall, it was good; I liked it and would return.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment