Blueberry Knoll Berry Farm

Bakery: Blueberry Knoll Berry Farm
Address: 1091 Hutchinson Rd, Lowbanks ON
Website: http://www.blueberryknoll.com/
Style: Canadian, North American 
Price: $$ 

Earlier this summer (yes, I'm still in catching-up mode in terms of bakeries from around here as well as further afield in Ontario, some in Montreal and, of course, the rest from the Great Canadian Cake Tout -- busy, busy! .___.), my youngest brother returned with some blueberries and baked goods from this farm. I don't know what he was doing in the area and I don't particularly care. :D All I know is that I got some baked goods to review!!

Nevertheless, Blueberry Knoll is, as the name suggests, a berry farm first, but in addition to fresh fruit in the summer, they have store on premises selling jams and granola, as well as a bakery! And naturally, the bakery is what interests me, lol! Apparently, or so the brother was told, they somewhat recently expanded their bakery to offer even more variety of pies, cookies, and butter tarts -- typical Canadian fare all baked on-site.

Likewise apparently, one of their more signature creations is their blueberry coffee cake ($6.49, I believe), baked with a generous amount of farm-fresh blueberries. This was good, very good. There was lots of fruit and the dough a nice, spongy texture: firm yet not dry. Um, it's a little hard to say anything more, but ha ha this was definitely one of the more notable finds the brother brought back for me to try!

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment