Good Earth [International Correspondent]


Bakery: Good Earth Coffeehouse and Bakery
Address: 8623 112 St, Edmonton AB (and other locations in Western Canada)
Website: http://www.goodearthcafes.com/
Style: North American 
Price: $$

Because this cafe was located right next to the place where I stayed, we had this for breakfast on more than one occasion.

Good Earth is an Alberta coffee chain (or I assumed so; however, according to their website they also have locations in BC and Saskatchewan) with multiple locations. I would say that it's similar to a Starbucks or Second Cup, just with a lot more food options like bread, sandwiches, etc. They call themselves a bakery too and so they offer, in addition to breads, baked goods. These are the typical baked goods like cinnamon rolls, lemon pound cake, scones and muffins; things that obviously match a cup of coffee or tea.

I had the cinnamon roll. It was alright; I found it a little dry and not as flavourful as I like it, but at the same time I wasn't expecting too much from a chain. Therefore, I'd say it's a typical cinnamon bun. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to come here just for the baked goods, but it's a good option for coffee and much better than, say, Starbucks or Tim Hortons.

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment