Müller-Brot [Mimi's World Tour]








Bakery: Müller
Address: Tegernseer Landstraße 146, Munich (many, many locations in South Germany)
Website: http://www.mueller-brot.de/
Style: German, European 
Price: $-$$ 

This is soooo old. And I mean pre-Cake Tour old... well, at least the online version, but these photos have been forever on my computer, so I thought I might as well just go ahead and post them. Seeing as a) the prices are so outdated and b) I don't remember how much I paid or if they still bake these specific items, it'll be a lot more general. Maybe on my next trip to Germany (you SO wish, Mimi -_-;;), I'll return and make a proper post. :)

Anyways, the Müller chain of bakeries in Munich and surrounding cities (at least, I think it's in other cities, but it might be restricted to the southern part of Germany -- feel free to correct me; their website is really of no use for such things) is pretty huge and, at least in Munich, you really don't need to go far in encountering one. Some streets have several, they've got them in train stations; in short, you can't miss the green windmill. ;) Unlike my other Munich stop, Rischart , Müller is really what their name says it is: bread. They've got tons of rustic ryes and specialty breads, buns, but they've also got a tasty sweet section, though the variety depends on the location and it's not necessarily so big. I suppose it's not their specialty, but it's really good and affordable (The Discount bakery chain is cheaper, but at the same time, they don't have such tasty treats, in my opinion; when I went here, years ago, everything was under 2euro). No pastries here, but simple, mostly sweet breads with various, usually fruity fillings.

Like this danish with... some sort of dark fruit filling. Is that cherry and the lighting in my room bad? O.o I can't be expected to remember such things, but I can't say I ever had anything remotely bad from this place (and these were bought in multiple locations too).

What I do remember was how good the second pictured item was. I ate it on the train trip to Salzburg because I didn't have time for breakfast. Oh, the memories! *-* The sad thing was that I only spotted this once and at the above location; it never seemed to return, this amazing streusel and icing covered bun with whole mixed berries. Omg! Such things are never forgotten, lol!

Man, writing this up is just giving me the hugest urge to return to Munich (which I love, though fate and funds have never been in my favour -- curse you! ;__;) and do a proper Cake Tour there... so many possibilities. *o*


Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment