Quality Greens

Bakery: Quality Greens 
Address: 1889 Spall Rd, Kelowna BC 
Website: https://qualitygreens.com/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

While not a dedicated bakery by any means, I was holding on to my review of this small Okanagan produce and local grocery chain until I got a bit more desperate and had no other bakeries on my pending list; however, it being pumpkin and pie season, I thought I couldn't hold back for much longer. ;)

As mentioned, Quality Greens is a local farm market with a few locations scattered throughout the Okanagan; in addition to produce, dairy and deli, they have a small bakery section with bread and buns from local bakeries along with a small selection of in-store home-style baked goods that encompasses cookies, pies, and loaf cakes. All are available in full-size, family portions or in highly appreciated petite sizes.
Sure, the choices are limited, but just picking up and being able to smell it through the plastic wrap made me decide on getting the pumpkin loaf cake ($3.49 for small). It's so simple, the sort of treat that is seldom found in bakeries and more often baked at home, but sometimes you have a craving for the latter. Super moist spice cake is full of flavour and full of pumpkin as well. Not too sweet, great texture -- I was actually surprised at how much I ended up enjoying this. It's really only a shame that their bakery department isn't a bit bigger!

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment