Bluesberry Bakery [International Correspondent]

Bakery: Bluesberry Bakery
Address: 2436 Main St, Lake Placid NY
Website: facebook 
Style: German, American 
Price: $$$ 

I went to this bakery in the  summer during my tour of the Adirondacks and only realized afterwards that I only took a picture of one of the items I tried. Still, Bluesberry Bakery is the only bakery I found in Lake Placid. It's located in an old brick building, alongside the movie theatre, I believe, and is a mostly European bakery (some items, however, you will find in any standard "neighbourhood" bakery like the pecan tarts, scones and turnovers) with a surprising, though small assortment of traditional German baked goods. These were simple and classic; however, I thought the bakery was a little expensive, especially their tarts.
I took one Linzer "tart" ($5.50). Good tart shell with a bit of crunch. I thought the amount of jam in the middle was also good. Sometimes, a Linzer has too much dough and feels like a dry cookie, but this one was just right.

I would consider myself a granola bar connoisseur so whenever I see homemade granola bars, I have to try it. Bluesberry Bakery's version had a good "shell" with crunchy nuts, juicy pieces of fruit and some honey. Neither item was too sweet, just the way I like it. Overall, good baked goods and a good place to stop while in Lake Placid for breakfast or afternoon snack.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment