Left Bank Cafe Patisserie [International Correspondent]

Bakery: Left Bank Cafe Patisserie
Address: 36 Broadway, Saranac Lake NY
Website: https://www.leftbankcafe36.com/
Style: French
Price: $$ 

I'm not sure why, but it's very hard to find any information about this French patisserie, which I believe to be the only bakery in Saranac Lake. I hope it's still open, since it took me a while to write this review and it would be pointless if it closed down. Left Bank Patisserie is an offshoot of Left Bank Bistro, a full-service restaurant that is located two doors down serving French dishes. An online search automatically redirects to the restaurant and very few seem to even mention the fact that there is a small bakery and cafe in town, let alone one that it specializes in French pastries like croissants, macarons, eclairs, chocolate pastries, etc. You can also buy take-out dishes fromIf I'm not mistaken, I also think they had very limited opening hours. Weekends only? I don't really remember.
I don't remember if they were specially advertising it or it was the best choice available, but I chose the almond croissant. It was soft and buttery with some flakiness. It didn't really have any crunch which made it not the best, since I always associate croissants with being flaky and having that crunch when you bite into them. Good taste with the cream inside, but like I said, not the best I've had. Still, I would recommend this bakery.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment