Bear's Paw Bakery [International Correspondent]


Bakery: Bear's Paw Bakery 
Address: 4 Pyramid Rd, Jasper AB 
Website: http://bearspawbakery.com/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

I read in more than place about the "famous" Bear's Paw Bakery, although I almost wonder if it's famous because it's the only bakery in Jasper, and because it's in Jasper it'll be famous no matter what. We went to Bear's Paw bakery for breakfast and, although they have some baked goods (the overstuffed photos on their website weren't very accurate, by the way), they look more coffee-oriented, but I can't say that their coffee was the best I had in Jasper either, but maybe I shouldn't say that.

Scone (bottom right) and bear paws
We got two things, the first was a scone. You can tell what the selection is if I end up taking a scone, which aren't generally my favourite. I think it was wild blueberry or some sort of dark berry. Maybe just plain blueberry? Anyways, it tasted okay: nothing too impressive or special.

I'd probably say the same for the signature bear paws. Going in, I was thinking of bear claws (the pastry that's dipped in chocolate on one end or something like that??), which I wouldn't mind trying. Turns out bear paws are yeast buns, sold with or without raisins. They're like a cinnamon bun, but without the cinnamon. Or a Chelsea bun without the extras. So I guess it was pretty much a raisin roll. It wasn't very moist and as dry as it looks, so I have to say I wasn't impressed.

Actually, I was kind of disappointed with Bear's Paw. I was hoping it would be better or at least more exciting.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment