Hot Bread Shoppe

Bakery: Hot Bread Shoppe 
Address: 2901 31 St, Vernon BC
Website: facebook 
Style: Canadian
Price: $$

It's a good thing I found the photo from this Cake Tour since I made no record of it on my bakery to-do list! Nevertheless, given the size of Vernon, I'd say it already has a pretty impressive selection of baked good destinations; as such, discovering that a new bakery had opened since my last visit to the city, I thought it downright statistically impossible. Yet, sure enough, a new bakery just off the main street in downtown Vernon quietly opened in late 2018. This small, rather adorable bakeshop isn't that big, but they surprised me with their range of classic treats like cinnamon buns and more unique choices/flavour combinations.
 Like this one. With their cinnamon buns sold out, I couldn't resist this orange (or was it lemon?) cardamom bun. That's right: a cardamom bun! I definitely don't see these that often. The aroma from the bag was amazing - all that fragrant cardamom~ The dough was soft and buttery and I loved the gently spiced mass rolled between the layers and that hint of citrus, mostly courtesy of the drizzle of icing on top. Perhaps a little more cardamom couldn't have hurt, but other than that: it's quickly become a favourite local pick for me.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment