Bakery Sate

Bakery: Bakery Sate
Address: 2879 Commercial Dr, Vancouver BC
Website: https://www.bakerysate.com/
Style: European, Canadian
Price: $$$

Out of curiosity I once searched "best bakeries in Vancouver" and see how I fared in my exploration of the city; while there was nothing overly definitive that came up where I could compare and contrast different opinions, I noticed that Sate came up on a fairly regular basis. One of the few that I had yet to try, Bakery Sate comes across as more a cafe than a bakery, with its ample seating, selection of coffee beverages and small counter space devoted to mostly pastries and baked goods that would go good with those coffee beverages. Selection is small, prices are definitely up there, and many items are simply variations of the same thing; this is mostly true when it comes to the different flavours of croissants and cream-filled puffs.
I myself was debating between two flavours of double-baked croissant; I went with the matcha almond ($4.50). Wow, was this ever rich! After a while, I almost want to say a little too rich and too big for one sitting; at any rate, I had to take a break and return to it after a few hours. ;D This was flaky and you could even feel the butter on your fingertips as you picked it up. The croissant was well done: a bit of a crunch on the outside, soft, chewy and multi-layered on the inside. The matcha almond cream on the inside was quite the generous portion, but it was so flavourful and delicious. In all honesty, it would be perfect if it weren't so overwhelming.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment