Panneterie [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Panneterie 
Address:
Website: http://panneterie.com/
Style: Japanese
Price:

Sometimes, a bad thing can turn into a good thing. In this case, that good thing is an expected Cake Tour and the bad thing was... climbing up to the wrong platform with my suitcase and thus just missing my connecting train (I would have made it if it weren't for that suitcase). I wasn't in a hurry, could use a little break and hey, I would have been devastated if I spotted this bakery and would not have had the time to visit it. Yup, everything worked out in the end.

Panneterie is a local bakery with one main shop and an offshoot stall in Yamato-Yagi station. According to their signs on most of their products, they're "certified organic", but I couldn't find any more information about this selective organic designation in-store or online. They also happened to be really well-priced, which makes me a little doubtful of that organic claim.
Regardless, as with a great many bakeries at that time of year, it was strawberry season, and there was no exception at Panneterie, with strawberry glazed doughnuts being one feature item. Besides that, the bakery was fully stocked with baked goods and sandwiches; however, upon more careful examination, there were countless repeats of the same baked good scattered throughout the stall, perhaps for easier ordering when it gets busy? That meant that there wasn't exactly as much selection as you first think.

I went for the cinnamon bun (120 yen). Sometimes, I found Japanese bakeries tried to reinvent the classics, but in this case, they stuck to the basics: a simple glazed cinnamon bun with an airier yeast dough that was rolled with cinnamon, maybe a bit lacking at times in the latter. Great texture and flavourful, this was a good cinnamon bun and well worth the delay.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment