Capital Bread Factory [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Capital Bread Factory 
Address: 28 Nishimikadocho, Nara
Website: http://www.bakery-capital.co.jp/
Style: Japanese 
Price: $$

Capital Bread Factory is a bakery in the vicinity of Kintetsu Nara station and, as such, is a bustling spot with various counters filled with buns and pastries. They claim to be a very long-standing institution, dating back to 1950, but somehow I look at it and find that very hard to believe. A bit chaotic, especially in terms of the seamless mix of sweet and savoury items, making it difficult (for me) to discern which is which.

Nevertheless, while I was there, I felt like there was much more savoury than sweet and of the items that were sweet, many of my classic, go-to options weren't there and I had to kind of figure out what each item was on my own. Hate when that happens. -__- And when that does happen, I'm at a bit of a loss. It happened before and it happened here: I decided to let myself be lured in by the ranking stickers located on some items. #1 happened to be some sort of pizza bun, and #2 was the following:
The cinnamon French toast??  (194 yen) was a generous slice of their barrel-shaped cinnamon bread that was then slightly toasted and slathered in something more oily than buttery. Tearing into this towering cylinder, I found the inside not as flavourful or interesting as the outside. The texture was a bit too cottony for my liking and it really did lack the cinnamon it was supposed to be laced with. Alright, nothing terrible about it, but probably a bad pick on my part.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment