Mrs. B & B's Bakery

Bakery: Mrs. B & B's Bakery
Address: 587 Como Rd, Grand Forks BC
Website: https://mrsbbbakery.ca/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

This was a bit of an awkward adventure. Spotting this on Google, and happening to drive through Grand Forks, I thought I would add onto the baked goods I'd already reviewed without really realizing it was so out of the way. Mrs B & B's Bakery is actually a small garage-sized shop located down the driveway on the owner's property, so it's probably a place for those that are in the know more than anything else, but, well, I'll go to anything to get every bakery out there on my little site. ^^

Feeling a little weird at first, I entered the shop to find that it has been set up like a bakery, with breads, pies in the fridge, and shelves of home-style goodies packed on styrofoam trays, usually in counts of 6. Having planned a whole route of bakeries, I didn't want to invest in a whole pack for myself, so fortunately, I was able to grab just two slices of the carrot cake.
The carrot cake ($2.00 per slice, cheaper as a pack of 6) was a generously-sized chunk with a good, thick layer of whipped icing. Delving into it, it was pretty good in taste; I found the dough very fluffy and moist, more of a spice cake than what you'd normally think of in terms of carrot cake. Personally, though, I would have liked more texture and more chunks of carrot than a single, homogeneous mass.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment