Deadwood Junction

Bakery: Deadwood Junction 
Address: 502 Silver St, Greenwood BC
Website: http://deadwoodjunction.com/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$$ 

Now, I'm sure most people have heard of microbreweries, but this just may be the only "micro-bakery" in the country. Definite points for originality. They so knew how to get my attention. :)

It may appear like you're more likely to run into a showdown at Deadwood Junction than baked goods, but inside, this pretty hodgepodge space (including coffee shop, local art and gift items) does have a small (micro-) selection of baked goods including some cookies, muffins, tarts and a minuscule display case filled with squares. Not bad, though it is a bit on the expensive side.
Still, I knew what I wanted as soon as I spotted it: "Eva's famous" cinnamon buns ($4). Anything making claims has to be tested, after all. This massive bun made the whole car smell with cinnamon, to such a degree that as soon as I reached my destination, I couldn't resist ripping off a bite. Just to try it. Sure, I was going for dinner soon, but I just had to take a bite while fresh. I mean, just look at that mass of glaze and gooey bits of thick, cinnamon filling; add to that delicious dense dough, not fluffy or bready like BC cinnamon buns usually are... and before I knew it, I'd eaten half the bun. "Famous" isn't an overstatement here! ;)

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment