Sweet Sammie Jane's [International Correspondent]








Bakery: Sweet Sammie Jane's 
Address: 701 Park Ave, Rochester NY 
Website: http://www.sweetsammiejanes.com/
Style: North American 
Price: $$ 

We were in Rochester one weekend for a road trip and I was kind of ordered to get at least one bakery from Rochester (especially when I don't think there are any reviewed yet). We were driving down this street with stores and I spotted this bakery.

From the outside, Sweet Sammie Jane's looked like your standard, traditional bakery. For example, cookies, brownies, cakes, etc. I thought that was alright, but once inside we realized it was pretty much a cupcake shop. I don't like cupcakes and I know the Cake Tour doesn't do cupcakes either (editor's note: indeed ^^;;), but I didn't feel like just leaving and I spotted that they did have a few other items, like macarons. So, I thought I could try some macarons and macarons are something I like, so it was two in one.

Their macarons were fresh and they had a selection of both classic and interesting flavours. We got seven different flavours (though I don't think I remember all of them): there was passion fruit, raspberry, blueberry, salted caramel, and something like pop rocks/candy (the one that looks like it has sprinkles in the cookie) and I forgot what the last one was. Lemon? Crunchy and soft cookie and a thick ganache filling. The more traditional, fruity flavours were better; I didn't like the candy one and the salted caramel was a little weird. These tasted like "good" macarons, as they should, but I can't say they were spectacular either.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment