Moisan [Mimi's World Tour]








Bakery: Moisan
Address: 2 Rue de Bazeilles, Paris (3 other locations)
Website: http://painmoisan.fr
Style: French, Organic
Price: $$

[...and with this post, I officially *gasps* conclude my Paris Cake Tour. It's taken a good two years to get up here, but they're all up, though not nearly as much as I had hoped to find. Maybe next time I'll be able to get all the big names on here ^-^ And now I can focus on getting last summer's bakeries on here!]

Moisan is a certified organic bakery with a few locations throughout Paris; being a bakery more than a pastry shop, they don't have much in terms of sweets and baked goods as their specialty is more rustic and artisan breads with a few croissants and well, baked goods. ;) They do have a few tarts and one or two cakes, but these are fairly expensive and don't look too exciting in comparison to other pastry shops (though, to be honest, this was one of my very first bakery purchases in Paris *sighs* Oh, the memories!).
The clafoutis (cherry or black currant, I believe; I don't really remember after so long...) looked the most promising, but seeing as I'm not really a fan of clafoutis, I settled for the Kouign Amman, a fairly dense, super buttery yeast dough rolled like a cinnamon roll, but stuffed with... butter with a bit of citrus (at least, so says my travel post XD) and then topped off with an hard crust of... butter and sugar that, once broken into, was super tasty. Maybe it was a little too buttery, but it made the dough super moist (even on the next morning) and well, given the price of organic butter (at least here), it was probably worth the price! :P

The choice isn't too huge, but team up quality and tradition and it's pretty good! :)

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment