B-S [Mimi's World Tour]








Bakery: B-S
Address: 16 Rue Ste Anne, Paris
Website: n/a
Style: Japanese, French
Price: $

This was the bakery I missed reviewing from my Parisian cake tour, so I thought there's no better time than the present. ^^

Anyways, nestled right in the heart of Paris' version of a J-town, which is along the Rue Ste Anne and a few of the intersecting streets and comprises tons of Japanese restaurants, a book store and supermarket, is Boulanger - Patissier B-S, a bakery that either caters to the Japanese passers by or does indeed have a Japanese baker... or both. ^^ Nonetheless, if I remember everything correctly, in addition to traditional French baked breads, a standard cafe featuring stuff for lunch and some pastries, the bakery also has quite a bit of Japanese baked goods, both of the savoury and sweet kind. Of the latter -- because that's really what matters ;D -- I remember seeing quite a bit with Japanese staples like red bean, etc. It certainly wasn't Sadaharu Aoki in terms of the goodies, but more simple and home-baked (and, as such, considerably cheaper), but I am NOT complaining: I love baked goods!!
So, yes, I purchased myself a super cheap "pain au citron" (lit. lemon bread), which was a plain, slightly sweetened bun with two strips of candied lemon on top. Very simple, nothing fancy. Actually, I only took it because of the 'chef's suggestion' and all the Japanese writing around it. ... It was good, so good that I came back a few days later and bought myself another. ;) Great stuff!

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment