The Cinni-Bun Shop

Bakery: The Cinni-Bun Shop @ St Jacob's Farmers Market
Address: 878 Weber St. N, Waterloo, ON
Website: http://www.stjacobs.com/farmers-market
Style: North American, Mennonite
Price: $$

[EDIT: The Cinni-Bun Shop is BACK! And I now have my amazing cinnamon bun fix! ^-^

I've had this pending for awhile (mostly due to the crappy photo), so here it is!

The Cinni-Bun Shop is a Mennonite-owned stand at the St Jacob's Farmers Market (open three days a week), a year-round market on the outskirts of Waterloo, ON that makes... cinnamon buns; I was never there myself, but the brothers went a few times and the first time, they said there was such a line to this place that they didn't want to stand and wait in it. After getting severely scolded and bopped on the head a few times by me (seriously!?!? don't they know that long line-ups is a GOOD thing!), they made a return trip and since then, they know they better bring back cinnamon buns and (and apple fritters from the other stand) or else... I won't let them in the house. XDD

Being a fan of the rustic, home-baked goodness of Mennonite (Amish) baking (mostly pies, cobblers, etc.), I got excited about these things even before I saw them and, for once, they did not disappoint! *-* Available in sugar, maple glazes or nothing (everyone here agrees the glaze is the best), these things are amazing, especially when you eat them as soon as possible. Heat them a little bit and mmmmmm.... ooey gooey cinnamon buns that aren't sickly sweet (like the mall variety), and are just sticky and soft and very, very good.

Combine that with those aforementioned apple fritters and well, I don't think you'll regret going. ;)

Rating: ****

2 comments:

  1. Is this the one in the food court area of the farmer's market? If so, I have to agree that they're ridiculously good. The apple fritters that come out fresh from the fryer with a heavy dose of powder sugar are possibly the best. That is worth the long line up!

    I'm heading to the Chocolate Alphabet bakery/chocolatier and also La Delice Bakery shortly. Thanks to your post on La delice! I'm looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure, as every time I've eaten the cinnamon buns (and those amazing apple fritters), my brothers have brought them back for me. I only assumed this was the place since it was the only "cinnamon" related thing on the food vendor list. -_- Definitely worth it, though!

      I do hope you enjoy! I honestly can't even tell you to stay away from an item or to especially go for one thing since everything has wowed me -- have fun! ;)

      Delete