Cabin Fever Junction

Bakery: Cabin Fever Junction 
Address: 7026 Pioneer Ave #2, Agassiz, BC 
Website: https://www.cabinfeverjunction.com/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $-$$ 

It's open, I finally found it open! I've driven through Agassiz a couple times now and, spotting this bakery that doesn't look closed down completely, and each attempt has met with disappointment: closed, closed, closed yet again. Finally, driving past the last time, I didn't even bother checking if it was open, but I noticed cars in the parking lot and... people coming out of the bakery! A quick turn-around and I was able to confirm: Cabin Fever Junction is actually open and fully-operational. Well, sometimes. Though they do seem to have regular hours listed online. I am so very confused....

Nonetheless, Cabin Fever Junction is a real country bakery, complete with wooden screen door, jars of jams and homemade fudge. And of course, they also happen to be a bakery cram-packed with breads, cookies, baked goods, and cake slices -- so much so, that there's barely any room the stand in it, much less when there's somebody already there. All items are labelled, only some are priced.
 This time around, I was in the mood for a butter tart. It'd been awhile, after all. So I grabbed two ($1.00/each, tax included). Probably would have grabbed something else if I'd known the price before paying.... Naturally, the butter tarts weren't very big. Okay, petite would be a good descriptor; they were small and, given the price, that was pretty understandable. Personally, I think paying more and getting something slightly bigger would have been better, since so little filling made it dry out upon baking. I mean, it did have this lovely, bubbly crust, but digging into it, it had turned into an almost taffy-like consistency. Good taste, but too sticky and chewy for a butter tart.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment