Auntie Barb's Bakery

Bakery: Auntie Barb's Bakery
Address: 217 Cranbrook St N, Cranbrook, BC
Website: facebook
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

I missed this and all bakeries in Cranbrook the first time I drove through, so here was my chance to grab at least one stop. Maybe next time, I'll grab the other?

Auntie Barb's is a bakery cafe right behind the highway with a small selection of bread and baked goods like pies, carrot cake, danishes, cinnamon buns, etc. It seemed more like a cafe due to the large seating area, limited selection, and saran-wrapped squares and bars, which never have that fresh or appealing look. However, I've already my note on the use of plastic wrap elsewhere, so I won't repeat myself.
One of the items that weren't plastic wrapped were the danishes, so I grabbed one of these and, despite all preconceived notions regarding that good ol' saran wrap, was pleasantly surprised that the danish was good. Quite good and better than first expected. The dough soft, it had good icing and, overall, taste and texture made this a pleasant experience. More than that - it also happened to be fresh! 

Rating: ***   

No comments:

Post a Comment