Abundance Artisan Bakery

Bakery: Abundance Artisan Bakery 
Address: 77 8th Ave, Lilloet BC 
Website: facebook 
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

Someone once recommended checking out Lilloet since it was a nice town with great scenery and seeing as there was a bakery there as well, I thought why not? ;) Abundance is a busy, somewhat chaotic (especially when it comes to customers forming lines in the order they arrived...) bakery cafe with an open counter dedicated to a limited selection of rustic baked goods ranging from various danishes and sweet buns, cookies, perhaps a scone or two to simple, wholesome-looking cake slices.
 I was originally planning on something else, but when I found out that their sourdough-based doughnuts (sourdoughnuts, if you will) were a weekend-only event and it happened to be Saturday, really, how could I choose otherwise?

I grabbed the last two glazed doughnuts ($2.85 total) and ate one immediately. The dough was moist and airy with a slight chewiness to it. The thin glaze that pooled around the middle complimented it perfectly; overall, it was delicious. Mmm... I'm not sure if I'd have enjoyed the other baked goods in store as much, but I was very happy I went with that Saturday special!

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment