Patisserie Lebeau

Bakery: Patisserie Lebeau 
Address: 1728 W 2nd Ave, Vancouver BC
Website: http://grababetterwaffle.com/
Style: Belgian, Waffles
Price: $$

In a pocket of small shops strangely sandwiched in between luxury car dealerships and industrial businesses, there is Patisserie Lebeau, a Belgian bakery specializing in -- you guessed it -- authentic Belgian waffles. With an impressive selection of both ready and made-to-order waffles, both sweet and savoury, I can definitely say that I've never seen anyone with so many types of waffles. I didn't even think it possible. O.O Costing $3.00 and upwards, there's chocolate dipped, jam stuffed, topped with powdered sugar or fresh fruit.... Of course, there is also an ample selection of classic French pastries like croissants, danishes, brioche; there before Christmas, they also had German stollen.

Despite the above, I did not get a waffle. .___.; I have to say I've never really had a great Belgian waffle and so it didn't appeal to me, though while eating my treat on the spot, I did eventually regret my choice due to how many people popped in for waffles; perhaps, after all, it would have been smarter (maybe even more enjoyable?) to have grabbed a waffle. Oh well...
Advertising that this was a new addition to their repertoire, I went instead for the pistachio danish ($3.65 + tax). This was a nice big pastry with flaky dough rolled with not that much pistachio, though there was more than was on top, and then brushed with glaze on top. Maybe it wasn't as buttery and flaky as I like it, the glaze being the most flavourful, but this was a nice, tasty treat on an insanely rainy day. :)

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment