Croque Madame [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Croque Madame
Address: Nowy Świat 41, Warsaw 
Website: n/a
Style: Polish 
Price: $$ 

A few doors down from Blikle, there's Croque Madame, a pretty nice-looking, French-inspired patisserie which tries to step things up by looking a bit like a more European version of Starbucks with limited selection of baked goods and fancier cakes. For me, it still had that café or coffee shop, not bakery, vibe. I think the French factor was mostly seen in the menu: you can buy "famous French toasts": Croque Madame, Monsieur...
I took the fruit crumble. These kinds of baked goods are usually dry, but this was fresh: crunchy, fruity, sour, and soft. This is the best I've ever had from this style of baked good. Very good. I would definitely return here.

Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment