好比烘焙坊 [Mimi's World Tour]



Bakery: 好比烘焙坊 (Like Bakery)
Address: No. 2, Lane 210, Jianguo Road, Yingge District, New Taipei City
Website: n/a
Style: Chinese
Price: $$  

This humble bakery is located off what I'd call the main shopping street for locals in Yingge and perhaps doesn't see much irregular traffic, since the worker seemed particularly happy to see me there. Most of the time, your baked good is flung silently into a plastic bag and you're shovelled out; welcoming service at a bakery isn't the most common sight, so I was flattered. Unlike most "bread bakeries", I found this particular didn't have the copious varieties of sweet buns. They seemed to focus a lot on bread... as in plain white bread, thick-cut and sold in semi-loaves (you know the kind) and different types of cream cakes. I guess the dough used in cream rolls is essentially quite similar to white bread.
If that's their specialty, I decided to go with the marble cream cake slice ($30). The dough had a nice dense yet spongy consistency that I liked; the marble effect was there in look, but perhaps could have used more cocoa for the chocolate parts. I feel like many people would complain about the amount of cream - or lack thereof - but I actually liked just having that hint of milky cream inside. Not too little so as not to taste it, not too much like you usually see. Good - and my pick for top bakery (of the two I tried) in Yingge. 
 
Rating: *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment