Gordes Bakery [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Gordes Bakery Cafe
Address: 32 Yonsei-ro, Sinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
Website: n/a 
Style: Korean 
Price: $$ 

Right in the heart of Sinchon's shopping area is Gordes, a smaller bakery and cafe (seating is upstairs) with a limited selection of both sweet and savoury baked goods (with both Korean and English labelling), though I feel like the sweet was somewhat lacking. This may also be because I came here at around 7pm. Nonetheless, given the copious number of trays, their signature item seems to the red bean bread: a ciabatta-style bun cut in half and filled with red bean jam and a (very) thick slab of butter. I was thinking of trying this somewhere along the road and never got around to it, and I passed it up here.
Instead, I got the lemon pastry (2,700 won): a sort of flower-shaped bundt cake/pastry made from slightly flaky dough rolled with some jam and dusted with icing sugar. Not too sweet and with just the right hint of lemon, this was soft and moist on the inside with that slight crunch on the outside. It looked pretty in store, but I didn't expect it to taste as good as it did.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment