Madison Sweets [International Correspondent] [RIP]






Bakery: Madison Sweets
Address: 511 State St, Madison WI
Website: http://www.mysweetmadison.com
Style: American
Price: $-$$ 

This is finally the last place we went to during our road trip! It was actually the first "bakery" we went to; we just wrote down the wrong name and neither of us could figure out what this place was called. The only thing is that we didn't buy any baked goods or cakes here. I wanted to, but you have to buy a whole cake (I wanted the Guiness cake) and no one wanted to split it and someone was getting mad at me for wanting a whole cake "on the very first day", whatever that's supposed to mean. [editor's note: please calm down... and why on earth are these photographed on a piece of paper towel?!? x_x]

Different flavours of chocolate truffles
The only reason we walked into this cake and chocolate shop was because we walked by and thought it would probably make a good stop to put on the map, especially when this was our first time in Wisconsin. I was a little disappointed that it was pretty much a cupcake place and nothing really attracted my attention, except the Guiness cake I already mentioned. I didn't want a cupcake and so we were pretty much left with the chocolate truffles. I don't know if that even counts as reviewing the store, but the truffles were probably the best thing there, but I like chocolate.

The small chocolate truffle balls ($0.97 each) had hard shells and a soft interior, the variety depending on the decorations on top. These were rather good, which I would expect from a chocolate shop, but at the same time I can't say they were amazing either. I would have probably preferred the Guiness cake or any other chocolate cake they had on sale, though I don't know how much I'd like it. Pretty good.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment