Nybergs Konditori [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: Nybergs Konditori
Address: Norrtullsgatan 25, Stockholm
Website: http://www.nybergskonditori.se/
Style: Swedish
Price: $$$

I was in Norrtull (which seems to be what the neighbourhood around Odenplan metro station is called?) a lot during my few days in Stockholm -- this is where the good Korean restaurants are. :) So, I thought I'd try one of the few bakeries in the area. The better-looking one was closed for holidays (along with almost everything -_-) so I went to Nybergs a few buildings away. I can't say it was necessarily a smart move, given I could have gone somewhere completely different and especially when this was not a really pleasant experience. Actually, if I mentioned something was the worst Stockholm bakery beforehand, it must have been because I chose to forget about this place. x__x

*sighs* The day before, I had purchased an amazing cardamom bun for 24kr, bemoaning the price through and through, and the next day, I bought a vaniljbulle (vanilla bun) for 22kr at just your average bakery/cafe with not a lot of selection. For the place, I thought it a little too much; for what I got, it was too much. I guess it was dumb of me to take it in the first place, simply because I wanted to recreate the deliciousness of that vanilla thing from Grillska Huset. Instead, I got what was pretty much a giant doughnut (reminiscent of your classic, sugar coated jelly doughnut) filled to the brim with this think, clumpy pudding-like vanilla filling and topped with an almost solidified sugar layer. Add to that the fact that they chose to flavour it with lemon, so it was slightly sour and gave the impression of the vanilla custard or cream having gone bad. I actually ended up taking a knife and carving out all the vanilla and just eating the dough. One of the -- if not the -- worst choices I made on the trip and one of many disappointments on this leg of the tour. :(

Rating: *1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment