Strawberry Moose Snackery

Bakery: Strawberry Moose Snackery
Address: 415 Eden Rd, Clearwater, BC 
Website: facebook
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

This seasonal coffee and baked good shop definitely gets bonus points for its name and adorable pink moose logo. Inside the equally adorable log cabin, the tight, crowded space isn't necessarily a bakery, but they have a decent selection of baked goods. However, its official, self-proclaimed title snackery doesn't really give it justice either (my first thought was potato chips or something). They have lunch and savoury snack options like sandwiches and soup. They sell coffee and other drinks. I think they have ice cream. Naturally, I was here to grab a baked good, simply for the sake of putting another "moose" on the Cake Tour map.
So intent on this purpose, I kind of overlooked the fact that the selection of baked goods isn't the greatest or largest and includes fairly standard cafe fare like squares, scones, etc. Nothing that really catches your eye or something that you'd necessarily want to grab without the accompaniment of a drink. Not being in the mood for one of their granola-like squares (though I was thinking of the date square), I opted for the muffin ($2.19). I'm not sure if it specified just what was in the muffin, since it seemed to contain a little bit of everything: there were some cranberries, a few blueberries and apple, I think, but despite this it still came across as a little dry and not quite muffin-like in terms of dough texture. Also, everyone knows the best part of a muffin is the top, but I wasn't a fan of this one with its sprinkling of brown sugar and wheat bran (?) - at any rate, something grainy.
Seeing as I only really opt for muffins as a last resort for the Cake Tour, I would have loved to see some more excitement, something you see and absolutely want to try. Nonetheless, the pink moose is on the map!

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment