Kootenay Coffee Works

Bakery: Kootenay Coffee Works 
Address: 4884 Athalmar Rd, Invermere BC
Website: n/a
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

With Invermere's proper bakery already reviewed, I thought I would branch out a bit and give the other businesses in town a try. While not quite a bakery, Kootenay Coffee Works is a cafe (rather, cappuccino bar) that does advertise fresh baking right on their main sign, so how could I overlook that? 

Inside, they have a small selection essentially designed to go with that cup of coff... cappuccino. This includes items like squares, brownies, and simple pastries in and around the fridge area. Nothing fancy, but I do wish that, like a great many businesses I've encountered, they would lay off a bit on the saran wrap. 
I picked out the carrot cake. It was nice and moist with a more chunky texture with plenty of carrot and a wonderfully thick cream cheese icing on top sprinkled with nuts -- definitely the kind of style I like best. Of course, I don't know if the other items in-store warrant the same rating, but this was one good carrot cake.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment