Duft & Co Bakehouse

Bakery: Duft & Co Bakehouse
Address: 103, 2636 Montrose Ave, Abbotsford BC 
Website: http://www.duftandco.com/bakehouse.html
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$$ 

Hello, Abbotsford, nice to meet you! This was far from the best moment to visit Duft & Co, a small, stylish bakery-cafe in downtown Abbosford. For one, a movie was being shot on the street, which meant that there was an unusual amount of activity in and around the bakery; and where there's activity in a bakery, there's the very likely chance that people are there for the baked goods. The situation at the counter was pretty unfortunate: empty baskets and barren cake stands with just a few labels still in place. Beyond that, two slices of their coffee cake, some cookies, savoury scones and one last cinnamon bun. The crew must have grabbed everything (even one worker said so).. it was a sad day indeed for the Cake Tour! In this sense, I feel like I can't provide a fair portrait of what is supposed to be available. One thing I could say was that, while the baked goods, though fairly simple, definitely looked tasty, they were a bit pricey.
By some miracle, I did get that last cinnamon bun ($4.25). This bun was massive! Maybe even too big... it could have been smaller and cheaper and still retain the same level of quality and taste. At least, I think so. Still, about halfway in, I forgot all about its hugeness and just managed to enjoy this bun with its thin, tightly packed coils with a delicious glaze on top. Not too gooey, not too dry. This was the kind of cinnamon bun I like and I'm glad I had no choice but to go with that one. It really is shame there was nothing else to grab, though!

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment