Lakeshore Farms Market

Bakery: Lakeshore Farms Market
Address: 467 Main St, Wellington ON
Website: http://www.lakeshorefarms.ca/
Style: Doughnuts, Canadian
Price: $$ 

So there are a few surefire ways for someone to get me into their bakery; it really doesn't even need to be a bakery, as is the case with this Cake Tour. As long as the right bait has been set out, you can count me in. Lakeshore Farms used a pretty effective one. This farm market selling local produce and products along with a decent selection of bakery items like pies and tarts pulled a rather sneaky one on me with their big sign along the road: Donuts. Homemade, made fresh daily. Now, I probably would have popped in to see their bakery anyways, but now I knew what I wanted to try. There was no doubt about it.
Lakeshore Farms' doughnuts are reminiscent of the mini-doughnut factory ones you most often see at amusement parks and fairs, just bigger and plumper. True to their sign, they do come fresh. In fact, they ran out and I had to wait for the fresh batch to get sugared -- it doesn't get fresher than that! *-* Soft, spongy old-fashioned cake doughnuts that can only be properly enjoyed fresh or up to a few hours after being made, generously rolled in sugar. The hardened sugar that settled in the hole needed, in my opinion, to be removed, but another than that, a yummy treat that rounded out a stellar trip to Prince Edward County. :)

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment