Blue Bridge Bakeshop [RIP]

Bakery: Blue Bridge Bakeshop
Address: 944 Lake Drive E, Jackson's Point ON 
Website: http://www.bluebridgebakeshop.ca/
Style: Canadian
Price: $$ 

It's always nice to find a bakery that didn't show up on any search results and seems to just pop up and surprise you. That's exactly what happened with Blue Bridge; just when I thought there would only be one cake tour on this particular day, here came another. Yay!
Blue Bridge Bakeshop sells a variety of classic baked goods ranging from pies, tarts and cookies. One of the more interesting offerings this little bakeshop has is their selection of "spiked" goodies made with wine and better -- now that's what I'm talking about! That's right, I couldn't resist the whisky butter tart. In terms of style, this was a typical runny tart with good consistency and a nice crispy topping, just as it should be. Very good. The only thing was -- where was the whisky? I would have liked for there to be a hint of something extra... something special.

Rating: ***

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for most of this I think. As zoning prohibits me from baking on site I do bake the majority of the treats off site in a commercial kitchen.As for the butter tarts 1 and a half ounces of whisky in 8 tarts. Sorry they fell short for you.hope you will be back though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment and for visiting my little site; I always appreciate feedback.

      I'm sorry about that and thank you for clarifying; I think it's just the wording is a little confusing and makes it sound worse than it is. I've worked a bit in the industry and, after a few years of nearly 700 reviews, I've seen a lot of "trade secrets" including importing frozen cakes or purchasing something from the supermarket and passing it off as homemade, and these were professional businesses! I will fix that in the original review.

      While I am in BC at the moment, I would be happy to return in the future. :) Thanks again!

      Delete