Melrose Bakery [International Correspondent] [RIP]

 
 Bakery: Melrose Bakery 
Address: 707 Hamilton Rd, London ON 
Website: http://www.melrosebakery.ca/
Style: North American, Wedding Cakes 
Price: $-$$ 

Every time we're in London, we eat at the same Portuguese place and across the street from there is Melrose Bakery. I noticed it before, but never went inside, because it looks like a place that only has cakes, especially wedding cakes. This must be their specialty and what everyone comes here for. From the outside, that's all you see and their website doesn't mention anything else except the cakes, but they actually have a few "Canadian classics" to choose from.

When we were there, we bought danishes. I don't remember how much they cost, but they were pretty cheap. We bought six, so we paid something like $6 or $7, but I thought it was a good price for what you get. I think they were pretty good for danishes. I normally don't like them unless they're really Danish, but I liked the dough they used. It was different from the usual danishes and so was the fruit, because they used real fruit and not the usual fruit filling they use (that sweet syrupy stuff). I even liked the glaze on top, though I don't know why we had to just get six danishes. I wanted something different to try too.

Anyways, even though we didn't pick out a lot, I still liked what we took and would recommend this bakery. I'd definitely return on the next trip to London.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment