Lev's Bakery [International Correspondent]




Bakery: Lev's Bakery 
Address: 124 E Chicago Blvd, Tecumseh MI
Website: n/a
Style: North American 
Price:

[While I was away on my trip, Cake Touring across Denmark and Sweden, my brother was also charged to find some bakeries to visit on his own vacations. This turned into quite a few bakeries sampled. Not as much as I had hoped, but they didn't come back empty-handed, so here's a few of these, interspersed with some more recent local finds! ^.^]

We were driving through Tecumseh when I saw Lev's bakery and decided to try it. The bakery is just your everyday bakery with mostly cakes, cookies, and doughnuts. The usual stuff. There was a sign that their pretzels are only baked on the weekend, so I wanted to try those (even though they're not sweet I took a picture of them too). They were actually the best out of everything we tried and were pretty good. They're probably I really liked them.

For the sweet stuff, nothing was really that good. It was pretty cheap, with everything costing around one dollar. I had the cinnamon bun and didn't like it. The dough and icing made it feel like one of those packaged baked goods you buy at the supermarket. It tasted commercial and I don't think I can say I recommend it.

The other thing we bought was a doughnut. This was better than the cinnamon bun and tasted alright, though in my opinion there was nothing special about it. I can't even remember what the inside had or if it was just plain. It wasn't bad, but not great. Definitely, the pretzels were the best thing in the store, but I personally wouldn't come back for anything else.

Rating: *1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment