Dalloyau [Mimi's World Tour]






Bakery: Dalloyau
Address: 2 Place Edmond Rostand, Paris
Website: http://www.dalloyau.fr
Style: French
Price: $$-$$$

Another Parisian hotspot, which *gasps* was actually NOT closed for August holidays. It was a miracle!


Nonetheless, I came to Dalloyau, a patisserie that's as ancient as it gets, a good hour before they closed and I was a little disappointed to find that they were already putting things away. I was also a little angry that while I was clearly looking at the case of goodies, they were removing them to their fridges or something. I mean, do you want business or not? It being rather late, bakery-wise, I still bought something from them.
 The first time I went, for lack of better choices, I picked out the Eat Bag (yes, the name is in English), a too cute box of four, quite pricey macarons in (from left to right): lemon, cognac, Earl Grey tea, and raspberry. Contrary to the outside of the box, they weren't very "mmmm", "miam miam" or "trop bon (too good)". Actually, they tasted a few days old: the centre wasn't very chewy and had little to no flavour and the cookies themselves were brittle and crumbled upon the first bite. Tip: don't go to Dalloyau for their macarons! Save money and your bleeding gums and go to Ladurée. ;)
However, I decided to give these guys a second chance and went with the apricot and almond tart (which doesn't look so great with the lack of light in this photo) and well, Dalloyau made up for their previous disappointment. The tartness of the apricots teamed up with a soft almond "paste" and a flaky, buttery shell was pretty delicious. And don't forget the chocolate on top. ^^

So, overall, Dalloyau certainly wasn't my favourite Parisian patisserie (and I'm not so sure I'd call it "une maison de gastronomie" as the bag attests :P), but it was alright and quite tasty... as long as you don't buy those macarons a few hours before closing~!

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment