Boulangerie Maison Hilaire [Mimi's World Tour]








Bakery: Boulangerie Maison Hilaire
Address: 22 rue Saint-Antoine, Paris
Website: n/a
Style: French
Price: $

While coming up empty-handed at the closed Lenôtre (it was August...) across the street, I just gave up and crossed the street into the neighbouring, lower-key bakery where I purchased a raspberry tart at an excellent price (the only bad thing about these famous patisseries is that you pay for the name and not necessarily the product -- though the latter very seldom happens and never occurred in Paris ;DDD) and it was amazing!
This was actually the first time I had had a French fruit tart at all, and I'm not talking about just Paris. I'd never bothered to try them before, so it was at Maison Hilaire that I discovered that I loooooooooved tarts, especially those of the berry kind. Fresh raspberries, and in this case, garnished with a sprig of red currant. Mmm, it was so delicious! *_* I would come to have better in Paris, but this was a very impressive start and I can't say anything bad at all about this place, though it was, as the name suggests, more boulangerie ("bread" bakery) than patisserie (pastry shop).

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment