Pâtisserie La Légende [RIP]

Bakery: La Légende
Address: 68 rue de la Gauchetière O, Montreal QC
Website: n/a
Style: Chinese, HK
Price: $

La Légende is maybe more famous for the restaurant in the back than their Chinese buns, both sweet and savoury in the front. I had never been before, so this was my first time. I actually wasn't planning on coming here at all if not for the tempting window display of a woman laying out fresh sugar buns. ^^;; So, I went in. The Cake Tour demanded it.
 
Nonetheless, from what I did have and team that up with my somewhat disappointing last trip to Callia, I'm very willing to go back to try much more than just the sugar bun next time. I might actually drag some meat-eaters as well and get the verdict on the savoury buns, which, as is usually the case, make up for a majority of the goods offered. Still, in comparison to Callia, I find that La Légende has a wider variety of sweet baked goods, including the usual red/green bean, sugar, or custard kinds. The one I had ($0.90) was definitely one of the better sugar buns I've had; it's a little strange to be saying it, since it's a fairly simple concept. Contrary to my horrible, hotel room photo, it was the perfect blend of uh, sweetened dough and sugar. Still, from what I've seen, I'm liking this one. ^^

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment