Hoss & Jill's Bistro

Bakery: Hoss & Jill's Bistro 
Address: 212 Broadway St W, Nakusp BC 
Website: n/a 
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

Given how many times I've been to or driven through the small town of Nakusp, I thought I'd pretty much covered every business that could possibly have their own sweets. Guess not. There's also Hoss & Jill's Bistro!

This lunchtime spot/sausage and meat spot specializing in sandwiches has a pretty impressive selection of baked goods for a cafe and included several types of doughnuts and an almond pastry, among other things.
 
I grabbed an apple fritter. The dough was more dense and cakey; not really what I was expecting just from looking at it. However, it was fresh and the glaze was particularly good. Sure, it may not beat an actual bakery, but I'm still waiting for that to show up in Nakusp. ;)

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment