Ardglen Bakery

Bakery: Ardglen Bakery
Address: 85 Clarence St, Brampton ON
Website: n/a
Style: Portuguese
Price:

Rarely having any need to go to Brampton, I usually try and squeeze in a bakery or two when I do have to go there. This was the case this time around as well; Ardglen Bakery is a neighbourhood bakery that's outwardly like your typical Portuguese bakery-deli and hot food counter. Inside, however, selection is smaller than usual and besides the traditional natas, there are very little sweet baked goods. Unlike most Portuguese bakeries, they also seem to specialize in a more unlikely baked good: sweet egg breads. If you're a fan, this is one place to give it a try.
Not wanting to invest in a whole round bread, I picked out one of my favourites, albeit they can't be found everywhere: the cinnamon sugar "pretzel" (around $1.50). Despite looking rather fluffy, the dough was denser and stiffer than usually encountered and it almost had a cookie-like consistency. I liked the slightly crunchy cinnamon and sugar topping, but overall it was a bit too dry for my liking.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment